Sharing the bounty

Today I harvested a record total of 13 pounds. And my plot is only about the size of two kitchen tables! 

We gardeners all must donate half the produce we grow. Which I am happy to do. So, this is what I'm taking to charity this evening. 


                                                                                    9 pounds of beauty.

                              And now, my next challenge: what do to with my share of the bounty...


I usually chop up swiss chard and sauté it with a little vinegar, oil, and garlic, but I'm thinking a special Mother's Day recipe is in order. I wonder what I can find in my cookbooks.

Now, no doubt you saw the little red potatoes up in the first photo, which I have yet to mention. I know, so exciting! They are here! More on that event up next...

No comments: