Garlic Tops have a name! (besides mmmm...)


Thanks to Willow's garlic comment, I now want to eat my green garlic tops.

I found a few recipes online for them. They are called scapes.

Carolyn Cope at seriouseats.com gave me really quick and easy recipe: scape hummus.

Pretty easy, which makes me already love it. I just chopped up a small bunch of scapes just like I would green onions, and mixed them up with store-bought hummus.


Then, a little lemon...



I had a few of these down home-looking jars leftover from Christmas after giving homemade almond butter as presents. A little more fun than tupperware, no?


Et voila! I'm making a chicken sandwich with it today.


Thanks to http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/06/the-crisper-whisperer-what-to-do-with-garlic-scapes-recipe.html for recipe idea.

No comments: