I love spring! In with the new...

Spring has been really stunning here in north Texas. So many beautiful wildflowers and green fields to behold, you would not believe it.

Just like everything else in nature, spring means out with the old and in with the new for vegetable gardens. My broccoli, spinach, lettuce, and arugula are all growing tall and producing flowers now. Check out the arugula.


The broccoli is even making new friends. According to one of the other community gardeners, these are the larvae of cabbage butterflies.


I've been picking them off by hand each day. But they work fast...


It's time to get rid of these cold-weather plants and start up some new summer crops. FUN!

I'm letting the broccoli stay for now to see how big I can get the blooms. But arugula is out, as are some teeny lettuce plants.

Now, I've got a wonderful yellow heirloom tomato variety, a few yellow squashes, and this pretty pepper.


A new journey begins...

No comments: